Welcome to Ms. DeBaylo's Kindergarten! I hope that you will find this blog helpful as you look for innovative ideas to teach diversity, tolerance, love, and global-mindedness to your special kinders!
RSS

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Back to School!

I walked the halls of RSE for the first time in a month and a half.  The floors were freshly waxed; the walls, freshly painted.  I felt giddy as I made my rounds just to see if anyone else was in the building.  Seemed like yesterday I was tearing all of this down and moving my furniture into the halls for the summer.  Man, it passed fast!

Speaking of passing fast, this time last year, I wasn't even HIRED YET!  I had only been back from Haiti for 2 weeks!  Little did I know, in my discouragement, I would interview, twice, get hired, set up a classroom, and begin teaching kinders in less than 5 days!?  Wow.  I can't even believe I survived, to be honest.  Last fall was terribly stressful, and I don't think I realized just how intense it was because I couldn't even come up for air!

I'm fortunate to have more than just 2 days to set up my room this year, and I am beyond blessed to be back at RSE with a fabulous team of teachers and admin supporting me.  Excited to get my class up and going, and to see where this year takes me!

Here's what I walked into today:

Before
After
After

Be mindful, I haven't done ANY decor.  My goal today was to get my furniture set, and a list made.  Done and done.  I even made 3 lists. :)


0 comments: