Welcome to Ms. DeBaylo's Kindergarten! I hope that you will find this blog helpful as you look for innovative ideas to teach diversity, tolerance, love, and global-mindedness to your special kinders!
RSS

Friday, September 2, 2011

Colors of a Rainbow!


WOW! The school year is underway which means, my blogging time is typically limited to the weekends; which, coincidently, seem to be the times I really don't want to catch up with my blog because I would rather be doing other things like laundry, dishes, and sleeping (you know, the things I miss out on during the school week!).  After that extremely long run-on sentence, I'll let the pictures do the talking:

During Daily 5 Time! YES-- These ARE kinders! READING BOOKS! and not talking! AND not even noticing I am there! I have fallen in LOVE with the Daily 5 and am so thankful that Pinterest introduced us this summer :)

More Daily 5 - Read to Self. The kiddos get to choose wherever they would like to sit.  I've got one laying in the kitchen on a reading rug, and two at the writing table, and NOT EVEN TALKING to each other!

My friends are math whizzes already! We have conquered graphing and tally marks, and it's only been 2 full weeks! :)
After my OBSERVATION (EEK!) on story-retelling and Brown Bear Brown Bear, we did a tally chart and graphed our favorite character from the story.  Who knew the purple cat was such a big hit!? and NO ONE liked Brown Bear?! Hello?! He is the reason for the story! :) 

I already knew I was a little crazy.  But then I created this glyph.  Do not use without adult supervision!  I mean, I had 4 parents in the room, and this was my rotation-- it took the kiddos like 40 minutes to do this.  3 groups x 40 minutes = a lot of sanity lost! I love them, but wish we would've had time to glue cotton balls on them. :( 

The Key for the glyph!

Close-up of the rainbow glyph! They turned out precious, but it was a pretty hard task! Wish we would've had a chance to graph some of our responses! BUT that might be like a 4th grade mean-median-mode sort of standard! :)

Excited to finally move on past shapes and colors and into the nitty gritty of the curriculum next week.  I would be lying if I said I wasn't equally as excited for a three-day weekend (and a 4-day week)! and COLLEGE FOOTBALL!?  Labor Day has officially become my second favorite holiday! (Second only to 4th of July, of COURSE!) :)

Have a blessed weekend friends!


3 comments:

Ms. Preppy said...

Just found your adorable blog! I'm loving your rainbow glyph...I may have to borrow the idea!!

Ms. Preppy's Adventures in Primary and Polka Dots

Staci said...

Love this glyph! I just made monster glyphs for Halloween- my first ever glyph! I'm definitely doing more glyphs- great learning tools. Check mine out:

www.letsteachsomething.blogspot.com

ICSE Board School said...

Thanks for providing useful information...