Welcome to Ms. DeBaylo's Kindergarten! I hope that you will find this blog helpful as you look for innovative ideas to teach diversity, tolerance, love, and global-mindedness to your special kinders!
RSS

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Meet the Parents!


Greetings from my PJs and comfy bed! it's only 9:15, but I've been in bed for about 30 minutes now, and let me just say: boy am I exhausted!?  First 12+ hour day back at school, and I'm certain its not nearly the last!  I got home and was too tired to make dinner, so I had a cup of yogurt and half a diet coke! hah!

Tonight was our Parent Orientation!  SUCH an exciting time!  The only time my classroom is full AND quiet at the same time! :)  The parents were great; and I'm really excited for the year.  I feel like I was sort of here and there and ADD, but I felt comfortable with all of them!  I just hate being the center of attention where everyone has to hang on everything I say!  I'm not used to engaging 25 adults at once; its hard enough with 5-year-olds!  So, I found myself talking SUPER fast and yet, not explaining super thoroughly!  Note to self: ALWAYS have a bottle of water present! the more parched I get, the faster still I talk!

I felt very blessed by all the families that came out to meet me tonight. I'm very excited to meet my little boys through our first phase-in day tomorrow!  I only have 8 boys this year; which is going to feel like a dream compared to my 11 last year!  God bless 'em; they are always so precious, but SO rambunctious!

I can't wait to hug each of their necks tomorrow!  I nearly cried when I saw all my kinders from last year return on Monday; and I got to see and hug every which one of them!  Even my little trouble maker from last year stops to see me at least twice a day!  It's such a good feeling to know that they are growing up, but that I've impacted them enough that they still look forward to seeing me each day! :)

Alrighty, off to bed I go!  We're going on a gingerbread man hunt tomorrow!  Gotta get some good rest so I can be sneaky-sneaky tomorrow! :) Hope I can sleep!  First day of school always comes with the jitters, even when you're 26!

Did you always look forward to a new school year or were you nervous as a child?



0 comments: